POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem : Re: MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 17 Jul 2000 19:11:07
Message: <39738497.A75CD4CC@peak.edu.ee>
Chris Huff wrote:

> As for the ipf feature...my advice would be not to use it right now. It
> is still very imperfect, and I will be making some changes in the future
> to allow multiple fluid types. For one thing, the internal function
> doesn't work with falloff values below 1 or even values above 1. Since
> you used 2 as the exponent, it won't behave as it should.

Thanks.
One more thing: the probem also seems to occur on the first (non-ipf) run after
the ipf run. Consecutive runs (unmodified) are OK.

Out of curiosity, if you feel like explaining, how is the inter-particle
collision implemented? It takes lot of time, which is understandable, but it
strikes me as slow even with a very small ipf_distance (if I understand its
purpose correctly). Are you already using some sorting algorithm, like kd-tree
or oct-tree, to optimize things?

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee